We have today released the latest version of our customer API and hope you’ll agree it is the best one yet.
In fact, our portal is 100% based on this new API so it has been about a while. After real-world testing with a few customers and documentation we’re now ready to let it loose.
It does everything the v2 API did, but hopefully more easily, more quickly and more securely. The new documentation provides exhaustive details but in overview you can now:
- – access it without IP address restriction over SSL
- – monitor balance and generate reports for inbound and outbound calls
- – query CDRs for any date
- – monitor capacity usage
- – list, search, configure or de-activate UK numbers
- – search and provision consecutive blocks of 10, 50, or 100 numbers matching patterns
- – configure inbound voice, fax and SMS routing for new and existing numbers
- – configure custom codec settings (inc. T.38) per number
- – manage 999 records (where the service is provisioned)
- – send SMS. We have a whole new queuing mechanism built for speed.
- – send faxes
- – download rate information
The last point is a completely new feature and one which is is in Beta. You can, however, download rates and/or codes, either current, for a past date, or even those committed for the future. Rates and/or codes can also be dowloaded seperately.
New documentation for the API is available for download now and it can be accessed with existing credentials. We think you’ll find migration from v2 pretty easy and writing new code even easier but do let us know if you need any help. v2 is officially depreciated now and you should move to v3 ASAP; v2 will be disabled on June 30th 2012.
We hope you like the new features and, as always, please let us know your thoughts.